Saturday, July 15, 2006

It's 2:30 am and why am I up

Hi everyone, It is 2:30 in the morning and my pump is alarming it is out of insulin. I had already filled a new reservoir so this should be a non issue correct. I take out old reservoir and go to screw in new reservoir and the neck of the pump that holds the reservoir down cracks. This is not a minor crack mind you but one heck of a crack. I call the pump company at this time. Nice lady calls me back and says okay we need to send you a new pump. They call the delivery company which calls to tell me what time it would be arriving. So at 12:30 tommorow I will have a new pump in my gruppy paws. I am at 83 right now so am debating just laying down till about 4:30 am and checking then. Oh have I said this it is SO COOL that pump company can get me a pump that soon. If it had been longer I could have called the PA from endo's office who would have met me with a pump but this is quick enough for me. Oh, I think we may have decided on a name for Mr. Skunk. Vinnie dah Skunk seems to be his current name. My father is laughing at us for feeding him so well. Let's see he has had his own hamburger for the past 2 days and tonight had a hot dog. Actually he is starting to recognize us as the people who feed him so that is a good sign. Course my dog ate whatever was left of Vinnie's dog food today so she had 2 meals. She is gonna get majorly fat. Well, I had better lie down and get some rest tommorow is another day. I need to help mom make fruit salad for my brother's picnic and might be watching my grand niece tommorow afternoon. She is 1.5 years old.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that's cool they can get a pump to you so quick. there are so many stories about people's pumps breaking. mines almost a year old and so far touch wood, there;s been no probs.