Thursday, July 13, 2006



A new addition

Well, It has been a long time since I have blogged. Well July has been a busy month for us. We had a birthday party for my one brother. He turned 50. The next night we had fireworks and ate up the left over food from the party for my brother. This worked our really well. We pretty much recupperated after that. We are now the owners of 10 hens. We were given 13 hens, but something ate 3 of them. A friend of ours put tin on the floor and the roof of the chicken coop and for about a week. Well since Sunday our number has stayed constant at 10. Unfortunately we have a rat or something eating the eggs on us. We are going to work on making it so the rat cannot get in the pen.
We also have a new little baby sheep goat. This one is so cute and sweet. I posted her picture here also. I am not 100% sure it is a girl but it does seem so. I forgot to look when I got to hold her. I got to hold it cause it actually came out of the fence the one day. I believe it thought the dog could have been the mommy. She was not. All the other animals are doing great. We have also added a new animal to our menagerie. Drumroll please. If you notice the first picture it is of a Skunk. That is the newest addition on the farm. We have not named him yet, but figured I would take suggestions from here. One friend has already suggested Fluffy. Other names we have thought about are Skunky, Stinky, Pepe, or Flower. All suggestions will be read and I will post back with the name of the skunk. He is just so cute and sweet. I want to be like Elvira and love him and hug him and squeeze him.

No comments: