Friday, September 01, 2006

The hole in my finger

Note to self. Do not hold wire cutters in hand and whack at anything. I ended up cutting quite a chunk out of my finger last night. We came in and washed it up which hurt like holy heck. Tryed to decide if I should go to the ER or just stay home. After viewing the pit in the finger decide there is nothing they can do. I ended up going to the GP today for a tetnus shot. God only knows where those wire cutters last were. She told me to call tommorow if it looks infected. It hurts like hell right now.
The past week has been very busy. I have been helping my sister set up her classroom for the start of school. We had to unpack a ton of boxes and encourage her to throw out some stuff. I am heartless. I kept trying to give away the ton of extra clipboard she had. Also got up a couple of bulletin boards for her. She just got in her classroom a week before her open house so it really put her under the gun to get the room in shape. Of course one poor teacher got into her room the DAY before her open house. I felt really bad for her. We have also made multiple trips to Staples and a trip to the teaching store and walmart. I actually got a deal last friday at walmart. I got an HP printer, copier, scanner for $45.00, it was on clearance. My printer is on it's last legs. So I got this one. I have to say it is an awesome machine. On the other bargain front. We went to Shoprite a week ago Saturday. I got 50.oo worth of stuff for .95 cents. They had ran a special buy x number of these items get a coupon for this. We had 47.00 worth of coupons from that. My mother wanted me to just let them go to waste. I'm like heck no. My sister thinks they have a don't comback sign with my picture posted. I told mom I should have tried to get a gift card. Which reminds me need to go to Shoprite tommorow to get some more diet coke.
I also went to the movies today. I got to see Accepted is a funny movie. Not a real thinking movie but enjoyed it. We fed the animals when I got home then went out to dinner with my parents. I am now waiting to see if the super bolus worked. My blood sugar is 262 but I have large ketones. I have another 15 minutes before it is time to check. I am hoping this is just related to the fact that I had a no delivery for a couple hours blocked tubing. I also forgot to sign the pump off the Load screen. I really hate diabetes right now. I need to also sign up for a walk team and get some sneakers to sell down our stand. Okay well I should get going. Have a great labor day weekend.



No comments: