Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Livid
Hi Everyone, Okay, so today was a rather busy day. I had to go help sister put the books back in the one cabinet for the teachers. I also had to attend my uncles viewing. I come home and decide to finally check my e-mail. I am the member of a mailing list. I won't say which one but it is a fairly popular d related one. No issue there. I get the digest version of the e-mails. I sometimes just open and never read the e-mail. I decide to read this digest. Well one of the parents on the list posts about her 2nd child being diagnosed. This just breaks my heart. I don't even know the kid but my heart is breaking for the parent and the child. Then another person about 3 or 4 post later posts how this is not such a big deal. I am sorry, I don't care that is not what you say to a parent at this time. Or am I wrong. Diabetes isn't that big of a deal...well maybe not in you life. But personally I hate this freakin disease and feel bad for any kid that has to deal with it. I have a friend who has a brother who has D also...and she says if he said that to her mother she would have ripped his head off. Okay that's enough of my rant. I just want it to stop raining soon. Oh and we got our new pig yesterday. Sally is due to have her piglets on September 10th. I will post when she delivers. Actually in 2001 our pig had her piglets on September 11th. Okay, well right right now I am just spitting bullets so watch out. I might hit you with one. I think it is a combination of a afew things.

1 comment:

George said...

I was just told the other night about a friend whose 4 year old was diagnosed the day she was to start Kindergarden. I well up with tears everytime i think about it.
I told a friend at work about it and she said, "well at least its managable."

I wanted to slap the taste out of her mouth i was so angry.

I just wanted to share that so you would know that you are not alone. I hate hearing that crap!