Monday, June 05, 2006

Well Spring is here I think
Spring has arrived here on the farm. We have had a couple of births and a couple of deaths already this spring. We had a baby goat that didn't make it. We had even tried giving it some milk from the bottle but she never accepted it. We also had two baby sheep goats born. One of which is doing well. We thought she might have not made it the 2nd day but turns out mom was hiding the baby in the woods someplace. Another sheep goat was born, but didn't make it. I am wondering if the cold and wet spell that came when it was very young did it in. Oh then we have had some scheduled departures here on the farm. Oatmeal, my favorite cow, she was like my child. She went to another farm to meet her "husband" and be bred. From this farm she will probably convert to an amish cow and go to pennsylvania to be milked. Oatmeal left on Mother's day. I actually was outside to help load her in the trailer. I believe it made it that much easier to get her in the trailer. Of course one of the nutty goats got on the trailer also. So my brother had to go get the dumb goat out. Goats are so dumb but they can be cute. My one brother did see the bad side of Yuhoo. Her husband will be Oscar the bull. Yuhoo is enjoying the new found ruling of the empire since Oatmeal left. Actually Wind the Horse is still the Queen bee of the farm. Yuhoo runs in terror when Wind is around. Funny thing is Wind actually has never been mean to Yuhoo. I think she told them she came from a Reform farm and was sent away for killing a cow and they believed her. Georgie the donkey is becoming a regular WISE ASS. He is trying to knock me down whenever I go in the pen for their buckets. He is basically becoming a brat donkey. White Knight is a good donkey and tries to put Georgie in his place. The kids came to measure the animals and White knight was fairly calm but Georgie was wild. We did get him measured but he was a challenge. Oh Pork Chops and Applesauce went to the butcher shop to become dinner. We also had a new arrival on the farm, Jack, the billy goat. He is also known as stinky cause he STINKS to high heaven. Gimpy doo my favorite goat is doing great. Actually she paces the fence now waiting for us to dumb the food over for her. She is special and gets her own pile of food. The sheep goats also will come up and complain if we don't dump their pile off food in what they consider a timely fashion. Gotta love the animals. Someone asked why we don't get turkey lurkey a girl friend. It seems it is hard to find a female bird who is of his species. He is actually semi behaving.
Okay, that is the animal updates. Now for the update on me. We went to see the pain doctor in NYC. She did complete the paperwork we needed done. Of course it never made it to the right place. The records from the pain doc out here never made it to her either. I need to find the pain pump refill info and fax it to her. I also am gonna get a copy of the records from out here and send them to her. She is gonna put me in the hospital for the next pain pump fill so we can figure out the correct dose of medicine in this thing. It seems like she is trying to move things along. The diabetes well that has just been the diabetes. It is god's ever changing roller coaster. Well I need to get going now.

No comments: