Sunday, June 11, 2006

Gimpy doo daring the other goats to come get her food.
Gimpy doo eating from her pile. Notice not other goats around. She would pace the fence knowing she was the last one fed.
Gimpy in the field.
In Mourning of Gimpy Doo
Hi Everyone. Well, I hate to announce this but my favorite goat Gimpy doo died today. We went out to feed the animals and she was laying in the spot we normally feed her. I do have some pictures of the Gimpy doo. This goat and I are kindered spirits. She never let anything stop her. Actually the only goat that knew its name. If I would call Gimpy she would look for me and walk to the fence. She even knew she got a "special" pile of food. NO ONE none of the goats or cows were allowed to bully my goat from her food. I had a water gun and wasn't afraid to use it. Yes there were times when someone would get to Gimpy's pile but she got a lot of food. I am gonna post 3 pictures of the Gimpy doo. She was actually born with some issue or injured as a young goat. Her hind legs didn't always work well, but it had seemed the last 2 weeks she was walking better. Normally she kept the one leg always off the ground. I remember sometimes seeing her walking almost in a head stand position. I am gonna miss the times I would sit by the fence protecting my baby like a mamma bear. If I needed to feed something else mom took over the post. All the other animals are doing fine. Actually I found it neat, I have two recent pictures of Gimpy cause i was taking a picture of the baby sheep goat. I also have one from awhile ago taken for part of the Congratulations to Daniel Doo. I am sure I told everyone that Gimpy really wasn't supposed to stay on the farm. I protested at the thought of sending her to market. My brother actually listened to my arguments and said she could stay and be moved up with the goats during our busy time. Gimpy doo. My dog who helps us feed the animals would get leashed and in trouble if she were to bite at Gimpy Doo. She would be put on the gator to wait for us. Only goat she really wasn't allowed bite through the fence. She is trying to herd them and make them listen. Just doesn't realize they are eating dinner. The one goat is mean and will stand at the fence and butt her. Actually she got in the pen one day and this goat butted her good. Feb, 2005 to June 11, 2006.

1 comment:

Vivian said...

I am so very sorry. I know the connection you had with this wonderful friend. Our sympathies.
Viv and family