Monday, January 30, 2006

I hate people who don't call back
Okay I've not posted in awhile. Just had a very busy weekend. Well actually more just fighting the darn foot then anything. I would give my kingdom for a week without rain here. I'm pretty sure the animals would love a week without rain, but it doens't seem that it gonna happen anytime soon. On Monday or Tuesday last week I finally got up the nerve to call and check the status of a claim. So the lady gives me another number to call. She is rather upset no one has spoken to me in about 6 months either. I call the number I am given and have been immediately connected to voice mail 3 times. I leave a polite message. I of course never get a gosh darn call back from this lady. I am debating calling the first lady again and saying I need another number to call since this is like peeing up a hill. My mom says maybe she is on vacation. I figure okay I will give her till Monday to call back. Also going to call again on Monday. This is just like trying to schedule an appointment with the NY pain doctor. It honestly takes 3 or 4 calls to get the woman to call you back. Luckily the doctor is awesome and I got in before he quit taking new patients. Thank you Spot. Which reminds me I need to call and schedule with one of his other doctors since I feel the guys out here in the sticks are not cutting it. Even the PA from endo's office says...."I thought they were changing the med last time." To my insert large eye roll here "Nope they didn't again."
On the D front things are going pretty good. I actually am asking to change one basal. I know I should just change it myself. I actually know the PA will get back to me. She e-mailed me all the lab results. My a1c was 8, but I had already informed them it was going to be up there. She also e-mailed me once again asking about symlin. I told her with the lows I was having are you nuts. She knows I tend to speak my mind rather openly and they symlin fight is gonna be a fight with me going down kicking and screaming.
On Friday the animals were visited by my grand niece and nephew. The little boy is a fan of Shrek 2 and loves the donkey. The next day their cousin's came down to visit the animals. Wednesday is "measuring" day for the all the animals. My sister's class and the other class are coming to measure everybody. I need to get a Halter on Georgie the donkey who figured out how to remove his halter a couple of weeks ago. I also need to go get them used to being on the lead a little bit. The only animal who worries me during the measuring process is Oscar the calf, but as long as we have food in his bucket he is a happy cow. They all don't come from California. The real challange is getting him to cooperate when trying to take him out of the pen. We have finally named the two remaining piglets. I used to call them piggets. Now they are...drum roll please. Pork Chop and Applesauce. Wait I will post a picture of them on the end of the blog. Well it will be them with there 7 brothers. Momma pig had 7 boy pigs and 2 girls. Actually she had 11 but two didn't make it past two days. Normally we are lucky if we keep 5 pigs because the momma ends up stepping on them. Last year I think we only kept 3 pigs. I do not remember how many we started out originally with but we were also dealing with a "pig napper". A foolish person who thought any pig who might look sick needed to be taken from its mother and bottle fed. The one pig only had lost the end of its tail and was fine. I was SO ANNOYED. Actually I told mom if another pig ends up missing I'm putting a sign up there that says wanted Pig Napper...dead or alive. Either that or should have put up missing posters. Piglets remain with their mother and most will do fine. Not easy raising a piglet by a bottle. I have been there done that. Quite a few years ago, Mom and I raised Wilburina, was Wilber, sister claimed that it's umbilical cord was it's penis. I tried to tell them fools that's it's umbilical cord, but I let them win. Lucky for that sister's girl the doctor told her which sex the kid was or who knows. Wilburina was stepped on and some concerned people who work here took her away from the momma pig. We got lucking with Wilburina got a book on raising pigs and made her milk up. She did get sick one day and I though we were gonna loose her. I came home in the middle of my work day and gave her a shot of penicillian. She perked up after that. I still remember he playing on the porch with my jack russel terrier. We ended up having to send her to market and not getting much money for her mom says. I just enjoy the memories of Wilburina. Opps sorry for rambling on about the animals.
On Saturday, I went with my sister and niece and nephew out to dinner, barnes and noble, and Walmart. The dinner part of this trip was interesting. We ended up going to IHOP after finding the wait at Cracker Barrel to be 40 minutes. We go in IHOP and get a table within 5 minutes. Well we wait and wait and wait. Waiters and waitresses just keep walking by our table. No one say's I'll be with you in a minute. Finally after awhile of no one seeming to realize we were there. We must have been such small people we were invisible. Yeah right. I am far from little here. Sister finally goes up to the hostess and say do we have a waiter or waitress. Well the one poor guy was dealing with this horrible table. I truely believe all they did was complain. This is our poor waiter. He was not the best waiter on the block but also not the worst waiter. I think the stress of dealing with the "nasties" who ended up not paying for any of their meals and they were a big group had stressed this guy to the max. After IHOP, we went on to the other stores and got our stuff. I really enjoy Barnes and Noble.
Sunday was a fairly boring day for me. I went with my girl scout troop to an exercise place so they could earn a patch. They seemed to have a good time. The one thing that killed them all was the spinning class. Two came up after water and they looked like little old ladies. One of the girls won some protein cookies. Oh the descriptions of those on the ride home. If you want to hear interesting conversations sit 4 teenage girls in the back of a minivan. Actually we have heard these conversations for almost 9 years now. Usually we get a few laughs in the process also. Oh also on Sunday night I watched Dateline. They were doing the case of Cheryl Botzet. I really had felt the mom was neglectful in the case and that she should be charged with something. I DO not feel it was first degree murder at all. I'm not sure what the definition of 2nd degree murder is but not sure if it was that either. The best charge is whatever they charge the Drunk Driver with when he kills someone. Well at the end of the interview one of the Dateline people asks do you feel you are at all responsible for Ariel's death. This woman has the guts to say NO she doesn't feel she is responsible at all. I almost threw something at the TV. That really upset me. The father's comments and actions were not great. Sorry your kid does not get a 15.1 a1c and only tests 2 times in one week without a parent dropping the ball. Also if the kid was sick the mother should have been testing her blood sugars. Just proves to you you need a license to drive but not one to be a parent. I was so peeved I went downstairs and said to my mom. Any of the parents I chat with online or even am on an e-mailing list would have never answered that question that way. I said heck if their kid had a low blood sugar and ran out in the road and got hit by a car. 99% of these parents would have said they were in someway responsible. That is my rant on that case. I actually remember this from Dog the bounty Hunter...a "kid" that lies is a better liar then any adult. If I had a kid with D and he/she were checking his sugars on his own I would be checking the meter at least once a day or every other day. One thing I never did when I was a teen was skip insulin. How dumb is this. I would NEVER and I mean NEVER test my blood sugar, but I always took insulin at least once a day. My pediatric endo tried everything. He would probably die to know how much I actually test now.
Okay now it is time for me to get going. I have a new book to read and of cours now since it is really late at night the blood sugar is going Up. I wonder if I have said how much I HATE Diabetes lateley. Oh and Daniel watch the blog tommorow. My cows are going to make a little post for you.

No comments: