Saturday, January 14, 2006

Why I hate doc's who think they know Everything about D....
Okay this will be my first official D related post. On Thursday afternoon I went to an orthopedist about my shoulder. The doc diagnosed the problem as a frozen should and gave me a steriod injection to calm down the swelling. Well once, I knew he was giving me a steriod injection I pulled out my pump to up my basals. Now comes where the doc almost got smacked upside the head. He told me I shouldn't be upping my basals right away that I should just test frequently and treat. Well he doesn't know Wendy the wierd and her experiences with Steriod injections. The first one I ever got while pumping damn near put me into DKA and gave me an ulcer. The next one I took I upped my basals immedietly and had slight highs but nothing like I did the first time. So I so wanted to ask this doc how long have you had type 1? Even if he had responded x number of years. I would have said well fool this is what works for me and what I am going to do for it. I just hate when docs think they need to advise us on everything. My endo and her PA know I'm pretty independant. The PA says yep you will call when you need a refill of glucagon or can't hold anything down for hours on end. Well can't help it I am very onery. Well since having the Steriod injection on thursday my numbers haven't been that bad. I was 199 when we got home from the docs office. I then overbolused for dinner so dropped down to 68 with lots of your screwed insulin on board. I then went up to 176, 241, 139, 182, 138, 126, 133, 208, 231, 186, 116. 178, and 207. I really consider these to be decent numbers considering I have a bunch of steriods on board. All I can say is thank god for Fozzie the pump. I am also done with physical therapy and on a home program so hopefully will get the full range back. I am to call if not better in 3 weeks.
On the animal front, I am sitting in my nice warm heated house worrying about the animals. We are having a major wind and slight snow storm. I am sure the animals will all be fine. I just worry about Georgie and White Night. Who have such great personalities. I love them both SOOO much. I love all the other animals here also. Oh and if anyone wants a phone answering cat contact me. I'm gonna kill ours soon. (ONLY JOKING) She is a crazy orange kitty and makes life here interesting. Mom found a dead mouse in her shoe one morning. I believe the cat deposited it there for later. She loves to hurt the mice and play with them. The crazy dog attacks the vaccuum cleaner. She actually bites at it. Well it did try to vacuum up her toy one day. The poor puppy. All the other farm animals are doing great.
Asskeeper

No comments: