Wednesday, January 25, 2006

My Trip to the eye doctor
Okay I went to the retinologist today for a 4 month eye check. I am actually very impressed with her but not necesarilly with her understanding of type 1 D. One of the questions was do you check your blood sugar regularly. I kind of got the impression they figure I might check once a day. UGGHHH!!!!! So she checks my eyes actually even did another check I have never had before. She looked at the area between the Iris and something else. I was rather impressed. They then dilated my eyes. I believe I shocked them because I was able to read my book and it really never got blurry. Now after leaving the office the eyes were super blurry. She then looked at my eyes and said they look the same. This actually has her baffled. I tried to explain to her I am a wierd one medically. She is now having me come back in 4 months to do a test with a dye and take pictures just to make sure everything is A Okay. I believe if I pass that test in 4 months I might be clear for yearly or every 6 month eye checks again. I have to say I am also impressed with my endocrimonologist. She called the doctor because of her mentioning that my eyes seeming to get better could be the "calm before the storm". She wasn't sure what exactly the eye doctor meant. The eye doc also encouraged me to change from the 30 day contacts to the daily wear ones because of the eyes not being able to breathe. I need to check out the price of the single day ones. I have lots of issues with the cleaning solutions and contact lenses. She also told me to take them out and wash them in saline solution to remove the proteins. Her concern is the possibility if infection. I have to say I have been lucky and avoided that. I did end up with Iritis one time in the one eye but not sure that was an infection.
After going to the eye doctor. I went over to have the labs for the endocrimonologist drawn. I am hoping to get the results on Monday so that the PA calls with the results. If the endo calls she is kind of a downer. Then we came home. I am now working on a fasting evening basal check. I really think that my basals are two high since I have dropped almost 40 points in the first two hours. It should be interesting to see what the PA says to do with the Basals. After the roller coasters of the past few days pounding on wood things seem to be calming down here.
Well I need to go read some more of the book I am currently reading. Take care and have a good night.

No comments: