Saturday, February 18, 2006

Problems, Problems and more problems
Last time I posted. I was waiting for the last of the cookie orders to print out so I could double check my order. I thought I was almost done. Well, I had found out two troops where not put in the system. I put in these orders and also go back to the 4 or 5 troops that ordered gift of caring cookies. What a pain in the ass. Sorry georgie and white night. Around 4 am or so, I finally get all 0 is in the columns which means no extra boxes all full cases. PHEW!!!. I send the order to the council. The poor lady from council has 21 Service units to put into the computer cause only 10 used the program. That just sucks. She is such an nice lady. I then go to try to find these lovely sheets that need to be filled out for each troop for a contest our council was having. I can't find them anywhere I look. I finally do find them but then I had misplaced all the troops order sheets. I finally found everything and layed down for a little bit. I might have gotten an hour of sleep maybe less.
We get up and go to mom's regular doctor appointment. He has an intern working with him. I end up getting the giggles because this guy was totally clueless. He had no idea that coumadin and warfarin were the same medicine. I was just laughing so hard. We then go to the dentist. Mom got a real deal on her lower teeth. They say she really doesn't need a new upper plate. Even though she had gotten the Sr. discount and some other discount off her initial plate. They gave her the full dollar amount off. The dentist was very appologetic and nice. Really DO NOT blame them but BLAME the damn delivery company. Get the stuff to the right office and this shit might not have happened.
After all this we go to Staples and the grocery store for Bannanas. Then we head for the hairdresser's. I was in DESPERATE need of a hair cut. I looked like the shaggy DA. Luckily we didn't have to wait long at all for the haircut. Then after all this stuff we take the order forms to the girl scout office. I finish doing the lovely forms and hand in our order. Thank goodness for small favors. I go out to the car to order the pizza on my cellphone. The Pizza hut picks up and the battery dies.
We decide to drive over to the Pizza hut and place the order. Of course they no longer sell the dippin strips pizza. We get the new stuffed crust pizza and some cinnamon bread sticks. We get home around 3 or so. Eat the pizza and some cinnamon breadsticks. We then go out to feed the animals. Mom ends up feeding dad the left over pizza for dinner.
Now we are to Thursday another fun day. I go to endo's office and get attached to the CGMS. After that we leave and head for the Walmart. We decide to get some lunch from McDonald's to really see what my sugars do. We have McDonald's then go off and do our shopping. On the way home from walmart we stop at the Hardware store to see if we can get a radiator valve. My heater has bad valve on it mom thinks. It will stop working at times. Unfortunately they are out but will order them in for us. We then go ask sister to go to Friendly's for dinner. Dad isn't gonna be home so we are taking advantage of this and really testing the monitor. Have I mentioned I LOVE their Honey BBQ chicken and besides which I have the CGMS so we need to see the evilness of foods. We then go out and feed the animals. Need to get a few bales of hay since we are out of hay. I load the bales of hay on the gator and check the CGMS. It says DISCONN....OH SHIT. I hit the buttons and test sugar to recalibrate. Go up to feed the animals. Get two or three more DISCONN messages. I don't think this is a good sign. We come in the house and I call the PA from Endo's office. She calls back and says to call minimed about it. I call them. They have me go through a couple of steps and say it is a non fixable problem Either, site or wire problem. So not working. I remove the sensor and find it to be BENT. I will take a picture of it and post it here. So much for experimentation. Oh I did find i was 62 during one of the alarms but was out feeding the animals. Temp basal of 0 for a 1/2 an hour worked on that. Well I force myself to eat the friendly's dinner and ice cream. I get another call from the PA and tell her that it is a failure. She says okay come in on Tuesday and we will reconnect you. I am bringing Mastisol this time.
Now we are to Friday. Friday was pretty much a okay day. No major disaster's to speak of. Well a few nasty sugars and stuff but oh well. Isn't that diabetes. Friday evening get an e-mail from the PA. They need to charge me for the sensor since my insurance won't cover it. I call mom and ask if she will pay the money for the sensor an she says yes. PHEW. Thank you Mom!!!!!!!
Onto Saturday. A very interesting day to say the least D wise. I ended up in the 200's and then a lovely 314. Pump says to bolus for the 314 so I agree. Well about 45 minutes after the bolus I start to feel like shit. I test I am now 134. Okay that is quite a drop. I retest just cause not sure if that number is right or not. I get 125. I have over 5 units of YOU ARE SCREWED Insulin waiting to pounce on me. I eat about 8 glucose tabs and wait till it alarms telling me to test. An hour after the 314 and 8 glucose tabs later am 118. This really sucks.. HAVE I SAID I HATE DIABETES and all this SHIT lately. I am considering throwing something, but with my luck would break some priceless item I love. Oh and to top all this off it is damn cold here this weekend. Isn't so bad without the wind but riding on the gator was just bitter. Well I am gonna go on a hunt for some food.
Ellen asked how many cookies our communitiy is getting. We are getting a grand total of 14,808 boxes of cookies. That is equal to 1234 cases. If I were to eat that many cookies would be a bazillion pounds and need one hell of a lot of insulin. I was also asked why I didn't sell to any online friends. That is unfortunatley against Girl Scout policy. We are not allowed to ask people online if they want cookies. I am not looking forward to March 14. We need to sort all these cookies and get them to their appropriate troops. I ordered 30 boxes for my niece to sell luckily. A good friend who always orders called on Wednesday night to order 10 boxes of cookies. We have another good friend who will take a bunch also. I just order a wide variety and let him come make his choice. Have a great day.

No comments: