Friday, February 24, 2006

A Whine and Cheese Party
Okay, I got the phone call I was waiting for and also dreading today. I have to go on Tuesday to get the pain pump filled. Getting this thing filled is such a pain in the ass. It really makes me doubt the viability of the implanted insulin pump. The same company who is working on that is manufacturer of my pain pump. I have had more issues with this pump. The alarm in now sounding so that makes it even more interesting. The doc wants to make sure he is in the pump. Their claim is that because I have gained so much weight. Actually, I haven't gained a pound in the last 6 or so months. So kiss my butt. So I am definitely not looking forward to Tuesday.
To add insult to injury we need to go down to the hospital on Monday to drop off the CGMS. It has been an experience wearing this and I hope that it gives us good information. I am keeping this in till it either stops recieving a signal or falls out. The PA asked if I was worried about site issue. I told her I would not tell her how long I generally keep my pump sites in cause she would yell at me. I am terrible about changing pump sites and I keep them in as long as I can. I know it is a bad habit but oh well.
The animals are all doing great. Wind was obnoxious today. She was mad at us cause we left to go feed the other animals and didn't stay to protect her from the goats. Well you are at least 100 lbs more then the goat bite them if they get in your bucket. She went over and chased Oats away from her bucket of food. This caused Oats to go steal Yuhoo's bucket of food. We tried to restore order, but Wind refused to return to her bucket. After five minutes of freezing in the wind. I said skip it. She is being a brat. We just dumbed her food on the ground and walked away. Don't worry she ate the sheep food. My mom tends to spoil Wind. I love her dearly but think she needs to listen to us and keep her in her spot. The donkeys are doing Great. White Knight has been talking to us, but the other day Georgie bit me. He is now on a reform program. Any time he shows teeth or tries to bite I smack his nose. We have tried niceness just wasn't working. Well, I will update you all about my adventure on Tuesday if I survive. I wonder if they will change the med this time??????

2 comments:

HVS said...

Hey,
I've actually been pretty good the past couple of weeks..(2-4 days good..
(although being in close proximity to medical proffessionals probably had alot to do with that)

HVS said...

Wendy,
Good luck with the CGMS. Bet you're glad to be getting rid of the thing..
How often do you get the pain pump filled?
-Heidi